It has been said that the best defense is a
good offense. Nothing could be more true. That is why you should hire
us as soon as possible. If you are asked to appear to tell your side of
the story or to answer questions, call us immediately. Don't be lulled
into thinking that this is an innocent request. Law enforcement
officers are calling YOU for a reason. They are trained experts in the
art of interrogation. They do not ask innocent questions. If you're
nervous, and you should be, you won't be at your best. What you say may
be misunderstood or misinterpreted and then used against you. Never
walk into a situation like that alone. HAVE ME AT YOUR SIDE TO PROTECT
YOUR RIGHTS! If you anticipate being arrested, don't wait until the
arrest, hire us now. We usually can prevent that arrest.
Once arrested, you have certain rights. You've heard of your "miranda
rights" by now. You know that you have the right to be silent. It is
usually wise not to waive that right. In other words, be silent. Have
your attorney present before discussing your case with law enforcement.
In my opinion, Officers tell you about "Miranda" because they have to,
not because they are trying to help you.
Our office handles all criminal cases except death penalty cases.
We handle drug offenses, such as possession of a wide variety of
controlled substances ("weed", "crack", "hash", "coke", "meth",
"ecstasy"), sales, manufacturing, cultivating and trafficking. We also
defend those accused of domestic violence, attempted murder, murder,
assault, battery, theft offenses, sex offenses and weapon cases and
driving under the influence ("DUI") cases. We initiate expungement
proceedings for persons who have been convicted of crimes and want to
remove the convictions from their record or obtain certificates of
rehabilitation. We also represent Parolee's at parole revocation
We do bail hearings, motions to suppress evidence, probation violation
hearings, discovery motions to gather evidence, pitchess motions to
investigate the background of arresting officers, subpoena witnesses
and documents to help your case when necessary. We are willing to do
We keep you informed. With your permission and provided it does not compromise your case, we update your loved ones.
- Spanish Interpreter
- The services of a spanish interpreter are available free of charge.
- ALGO ACERCA DE MI OFICINA
- ALGO ACERCA DE MI PERSONA
- Competitive Fees
- Our fees are competitive. Payment arrangements are available on a case by case basis. You are generally given a flat fee for specific stages of the proceedings. In misdemeanor cases there is a flat fee prior to trial and a separate fee if the case goes to trial. In felony cases you will be given a flat fee for attorney work through and including the preliminary hearing and a separate fee for work following the preliminary hearing and including trial. That keeps your costs down. If your case doesn't go to trial you don't pay for trial.
- Private Investigator
- The services of a private investigator are also available for a separate fee, should one be necessary.